Thursday, December 11, 2008

Am I Five, or Just Retarded?

I don't know if anyone caught Jesse Jackson Jr. speaking about his possible connection to the investigation of Governor Blagojevich. If you haven't seen it, check this video. Particularly, the segment beginning at 1:55 in.



Nevermind the fact that he speaks as though he's either reading from note cards or is a badly programmed robot. Nevermind the fact that he addresses the press like their a bunch of partially-deaf five year-olds with developmental delays.

As I was watching this on ABC News, my bullshit-meter went off like a smoke alarm.

To be fair, said meter was primed and ready given that I was watching the son of the King Bullshitter himself. So maybe there's a bit of guilt by association going on here. If so, my apologies to you, Congressman Jackson. On the other hand, were it NOT for that association I doubt you'd BE a Congressman. So maybe we're all even.

Anyhoo, when he got to the word 'impossibility', a huge red flag went up. A red flag labeled SKEPTICISM. My next reaction was to think that he's so full of crap, I could squeeze him to fertilize my lawn.

To be clear, I'm not saying he did anything wrong, although if he is indeed Senate Candidate #5, there may be evidence to persuade me. I just can't understand why he was talking like that.

Other reactions?

No comments:

Post a Comment